Have you ever done this?
I have too.
So here’s what I did, before I left for the store:
- 1 package bone-in chicken thighs (it should be bone-in, because then the cooking time for the chicken and potatoes will match. I had about 3.5 lbs in my package, and this worked for the 6 quart Instant Pot I have. You could work with a smaller package though!)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
- 1 cup water
- a few cloves of garlic, minced
- a couple good splashes of soy sauce
- 5 large red potatoes, whole
Place chicken thighs in the Instant Pot‘s inner pot. Pour in everything else except the potatoes and stir to combine. Rest potatoes on top of chicken.
Put the lid on the pot and make sure the vent is set to “sealing.” Program the pot to cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. Once the 15 minutes is complete, use the natural pressure release method. Go grocery shopping, and revel in the fact that you don’t have to pick up a pizza or a rotisserie chicken.
Remove chicken and potatoes from the sauce. Set the pot to “saute” and cook the sauce until it reduces, if desired. Serve the sauce on the chicken and potatoes.
Serve with steamed vegetables or salad. Or don’t.